Saturday, January 14, 2012

Technical Difficulties...Please stand by.

I'm having a problem uploading some pictures of what I've been working on this week. It is all going well and I have made progress. This weekend is being spent cleaning the house and since Monday is a holiday and school starts up from our super long break (I really thought three weeks would be awesome, but not so much) I'm hoping to get some gardening done.

The other problem I am having is with my hands. I am worried that at a fairly youngish age I am getting arthritis in my hands and they hurt most of the time. I broke the small bone in my middle finger on my right hand a couple of years ago and it has never worked right since. I can't put a lot of pressure or anything with that finger.  I can do the obvious but I try not to.

For a while I was trying to limit what I did because they hurt so much. Then Charles Monette died. Brother Monette was an older man that went to church with us. He was always helping out and being of service. He had started coming to church about the time we moved here.  At his funeral service I learned that he started coming to church just after his mother died (he never married and lived with his parents) and we were able to fill something in his life that he missed with the loss of his parents.  He kept the church house clean and was always helping,.... quietly, silently being of service to everyone. It seemed that we filled a place in each others lives. A couple that were his friend visited with him last Friday and he asked them what he could do for them. Charles...lying in a hospice bed, with tubes and monitors wanted to be of service to his friends.  He died of cancer Sunday morning.

I took a valuble lesson away from that is that even if my hands are hurting, it means that I am working to be of service to other people..my family, friends and neighbors, my family at church. I want to be like Brother Monette and wear myself out in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment